Sunday, December 18, 2011

DUCK marinate for BBQ

A couple weeks ago the man went duck hunting and limited out which means he got 7 ducks for the day. Well his buddy also got his limit too and good thing for us is that his wife wont eat duck. SCORE !!! We get to eat them all !!! How lucky huh??  I always encourage the man to pick hunting buddies that have wives that dont want to eat any of the game they kill. LOL :) It means we get the meat. I wont complain at all.

So the man is great and de-feathers the duck for me and pre soaks them. I have found this VERY easy method of taking the duck and cutting a slit at the breatbone and slice down. I then take my fingers and can pull the breast right off. After I do that to all the breasts I then put them in either a glass jar or if you have one of those marinating plastic container that comes with your vacuum sealer I use that too. Add all the duck breasts in that and then I use The Archery Hut Marinate for duck. Its the best marinate in the world to use on duck.

Pour it all over the duck attach the lid and make the vacuum sealer do its marinating selection it has on it. Then seal it and put in fridge. I will periodically shake it up and around. We will marinate for a day or two.

Now if your using a jar place the duck breasts in the jar and add the marinate sauce and shake shake shake. Place in fridge and shake shake shake whenever you go to the fridge. Think of it as the shake weight. LOL :)

When its time to cook to eat we prefer firing up the BBQ and use coals. But Im sure propane BBQ is ok too. You want to NOT cook your duck to well done. This is when you get that gamey taste. Cook your duck medium done and then place in the oven on warm until your ready to eat. I prefer eating right away but in this household I have a man who has A.D.D. and dinner usually is not until 8-9pm. Thats when he winds down enough to eat.So ENJOY that duck. If you have NOT been a big fan of duck I guarantee if you cook this not well done you will LOVE duck afterwards.

3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp wine vinegar
3 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp onion powder


We own this FoodSaver (thanks Vera....a gift that is well used )
Marinating container
14 ducks all for us !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment